Thursday, April 4, 2013

VOLTAIRE (1694-1778).

Right now I would like to tell you about one person! His name is Voltaire! He is historian and essayist, playwright and storyteller, poet and philosopher! In his 84 years old he was wit and pamphleteer, wealthy businessman and practical economic reformer. http://history-world.org/voltaire.htm
He was born on November 21, 1694 in Paris. He was the youngest of the five children. Did you know that he left school, Voltaire had decided he wanted to be a writer. His father  wanted him to become a lawyer. But its LIFE! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltaire

Author Voltaire wrote the satirical novella Candide and, despite controversy during his lifetime, is widely considered one of France’s greatest Enlightenment writers.
Now, I would like to say a few more facts about Voltaire! For example, did you know that He was a millionaire by age 40. He wrote his first play in prison. He spoke 5 languages! I think, you should know him!!!!!))) 

“I die adoring God, loving my friends, not hating my enemies, and detesting superstition.”
– Voltaire

No comments:

Post a Comment